Each of the 136 apartments within the community are licensed for both Independent Living as well as Assisted Living. What this means is that if a resident joins our Hyde Park family as an Independent Living resident, and then his or her needs change in the future and Assisted Living is now necessary, the resident stays within the same apartment, and the new care services would simply be added.
Each resident’s care plan is individualized, and only includes assistance with exactly what is required. This care plan may change over time, based on the the fluctuating needs of the the individual. Residents and their family members collaborate with us in order to tailor the service plan as a team.
- Many people think of assisted living in terms of tasks such as getting dressed and taking showers. The other key benefit to assisted living that many people find harder to visualize is the coordination of care and clinical oversight that a community provides. All of our assisted living residents have their vitals monitored on a regular basis and undergo routine assessments (overall, fall-risk, and skin). Coordination of third-party services such as scheduling physician appointments, labs, and physical, occupational, and speech therapies can also be included. Having our team of clinical experts oversee these facets of day-to-day needs provides our residents and their loved ones with the security of knowing our team is looking out for them. Potential risks are identified, and plans are put together proactively to keep our residents as independent and safe as possible.
Horizon Bay at Hyde Park’s Assisted Living Approach
Horizon Bay at Hyde Park’s Assisted Living Community has limited availability, but is in Brookdale’s freestanding senior living communities, and as part of a full continuum of care on a single campus.
Our Approach, at Horizon Bay at Hyde Park, provides services that are tailored to each individual’s unique needs, a way of life created to enrich the lives of others – with compassion, respect, excellence and integrity. In this way, we can make daily life easier for our residents, by offering the desired service and care as their needs and preferences dictate. By customizing personal care offerings for the individual, we help to ease assisted living residents through lifestyle transitions that complement their vision for all the places they would still like their lives to go.
In addition to a personalized plan of care, our Assisted Living residents enjoy:
- Three freshly-prepared meals each day in our dining room
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service, as well as one load of personal laundry per week
- Scheduled transportation to and from doctor’s appointments as well as the grocery store, banks, and shopping
- Programs and events calendar featuring several opportunities each day to enjoy activities such as fitness classes, featured speakers, group outings, trivia, entertainment, games, and crafts
- Maintenance of apartment, including all appliances and preventative maintenance
- Care associates on-site 24-hours a day and nurses on-site 10-hours a day (always on-call) in the event of an emergency
- Emergency pull-cord in each apartment and emergency pendant
- Security guard overnight
- Utilities such as water, electricity, and cable are also included in the monthly service fee
- If bringing a vehicle, assigned parking and valet service are also included